Other Massachusetts Networks
Illustration of JPods stations between Boston’s North and South Stations.
Route-Time™ illustrates travel times.
Roughly, assuming you can walk there, from the Red Cross you can walk-ride-walk to:
- Green in 5 minutes
- Blue in 10 minutes
- Yellow in 20 minutes
Ride-along at normal speed. This is a 4-minute trip, 24×7.
Our Route Gallery
A 3-Minute summary of JPods
Walter Cronkite covered Tricia Nixon opening the first digital transportation network on Oct. 24, 1972. The Morgantown PRT network has since delivered 150 million oil-free passenger-miles with only two minor injuries. Injuries on roads are 11,200 per million (link).
Suspended networks are well understood as illustrated by the H-Bahn:
- H-Bahn vehicles are similar to buses.
- JPods vehicles are similar to cars:
- Designed to tailor the trip to the traveler.
- Non-stop from origin to destination.
- Remove the parasitic mass of the vehicle to reduce energy consumption to within a solar budget.
Suspended networks have incredibly wonderful safety records.